The Coronavirus outbreak has opened a new chapter in starting online small groups. Online small groups aren’t a new thing. I was in an online small group on CompuServe in 1992! That might make me the grandfather of online small groups. But, online groups might be new to you.
The Pursuit Church in Minot, ND just launched online small groups off of their online service on March 22, 2020. This church of 1,500 already had about 60 small groups. On that Sunday, 30 people stepped up to start new online small groups. Could you imagine increasing your small groups by 50% in one day. You can hear Tara Wiley tell The Pursuit’s story along with seven principles of starting online small groups.
If you want to jump to a specific point of the video:
What You Need to Start Online Small Groups (Point starts at time code indicated):
- A willing, caring person to initiate (8:50).
- A system to connect (13:58).
- A platform to meet on (18:10).
- Curriculum to guide (25:14).
- Just-in-time training and coaching (30:49).
- Follow up and feedback (34:51).
- Supervision and accountability (35:59)
Case Study: The Pursuit Church, Minot, ND (44:17)
Download Chapter One of Exponential Groups
Once you click the link in the Confirmation email, your ebook will download immediately.