I sat down recently with my publisher, Hendrickson Publishers, for a live interview about Exponential Groups. Well, my part was live. Their part was in print, so I have to basically interview myself. I hope you enjoy this and hear my heart for equipping and empowering our people to lead groups. The video is 15 minutes, but if you want to skip around, I’ve listed the questions below along with their time stamps.
Oh, and buy the book!
- What is your background? (0:00)
- Who is the audience for Exponential Groups and what is the book about? (0:50)
- What has made you so passionate about expanding churches’ small groups? (1:45)
- What do you think is the biggest factor hindering churches from successful group-making? (2:47)
- What advice would you give to someone who would like to start a small group but doesn’t want to be considered its “leader”? (3:45)
- What are ways that a church can be creative in its approach to creating groups? (4:35)
- In chapter 1 you mention that a desire for control will hinder the growth of groups. For those who haven’t read the book yet, what are some other examples of factors or mental blocks that typically hold groups back from their potential to expand that you discuss in Exponential Groups? (5:42)
- What’s the best piece advice you’ve received about small groups? (8:02)
- What’s a sticky situation or failed plan that you have learned from? (9:15)
- What projects are you working on now or have planned for the future? (11:05)